|Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Presented by Rolex Fast Facts:
- Rolex Best of Show Award went to a 1929 Mercedes-Benz S Barker Tourer, owned by Bruce R. McCaw of Bellevue, Washington.
- McCaw received a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust 41 for the win.
- The Barker Tourer emerged from restoration at the hands of Steve Babinsky in Lebanon, New Jersey just one week ago.
- McCaw competed for Best of Show with his brother, John McCaw, who won best in class with a 1957 Ferrari 315 S Scaglietti Spyder.
- Also in the winner’s circle was William E. (Chip) Connor’s 1932 Packard 906 Twin Six Dietrich Convertible Victoria.
- Rolex has been a sponsor of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance since 1997.
- 155 cars participated in the 2017 Pebble Beach Tour d’Elegance®.
- The same cars were joined by a further 49 invited vehicles at the Concours d’Elegance®, for a total of 204 vehicles competing on the 18th fairway Sunday.
- The 2017 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance drew entrants from 15 countries and 31 states, including 54 first-time entrants.
Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion Fast Facts:
- The Rolex Spirit of Monterey Award for 2017 was presented to Lee Talbot in his 1967 Ginetta G4 (#62), receiving a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona.
- Honored the Diamond Jubilee of Formula Junior and 70 years of Ferrari.
- Rolex Testimonee and nine-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner, Tom Kristensen, drove the LMP1 Audi R8 (2005), which won Le Mans and Sebring in 2005.
- 510 Vintage Race Cars attended this year’s event.
- Rolex became the title sponsor of this event in 2001.
- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca marked its 60th anniversary.
The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering Fast Facts:
- 1964 ATS 2500 GTS, chassis number 2006, owned by Bruce Milner of California, won the Rolex Circle of Champions Best of Show.
- Produced by Automobili Turismo e Sport in Bologna, the 2500 GTS was one of the first GT cars to feature a mid-engine layout.
- Milner was awarded a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona
- Spirit of the Quail award went to Ann Brockington for her 1938 Packard Eight Model 1601 Cabriolet.
- Awards were presented in 14 categories
- 5,000 people, 236 cars attended the annual motoring celebration.
- 2017 marked the 15th anniversary of The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering.
- Featured themes for 2017 included:
- Pre-War Sports and Racing
- Post-War Sports
- Post-War Racing
- The Great Ferraris
- Sports and Racing Motorcycles
- Mid-Engine Marvels
Powered by WPeMatico