This year’s Barrett Jackson auction saw a mixed variety of ultra high level celebrity auctioned vehicles. Steven Tyler, Floyd Mayweather, Burt Reynolds and Dale Earnhardt just to name a few; all raising money for various charities.
Corvette saw some impressive sales over the weekend. Below is a brief list of Corvettes that were sold.
- 1963 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 327/360 SPLIT-WINDOW “FUELIE” Sold for $385,000.00
- 1964 CHEVROLET CORVETTE LT1 Sold for $330,000
- 1953 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 235/150 CONVERTIBLE sold for $275,000
- 1962 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE Sold for $264,000
- 1962 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE Sold for $258,500
- 1963 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 BIG TANK COUPE “MICKEY THOMPSON’S” sold for $247,000
- 1958 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE “EYE CANDY” Sold for $225,500
Approximately 143 Corvettes were sold at an approximate value of over $12 million dollars. Pretty impressive figures!
*Photos above courtesy of Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Here’s a quick summary of highlights from the weekend:
- 2017 Scottsdale sales totaled $102.4 million (unaudited) and raised nearly $2.2 million for charity during the Scottsdale Auction
- Entertainment and sports icons, including Steven Tyler, Justin Bieber, Floyd Mayweather, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Burt Reynolds, Bubba Watson, Reggie Jackson and Michael Phelps, among others, were in attendance
- Barrett-Jackson consigned 1,719 vehicles, the most in the company’s 46-year history, set 40 world auction sales records, including the sale of Kindig-It Design’s 1965 Volkswagen Type II 21-Window Deluxe Bus (Lot #1315) that sold for $302,500.
- The impressive Charlie Thomas Collection, featuring 146 vehicles, sold for a combined total of just over $1.7 million.
- Over 1,800 automobilia pieces sold for more than $2.5 million, including an extremely rare 1960s Esso Aviation porcelain neon airport hangar sign (Lot #9487), which sold for $82,250.
Click here for OFFICIAL BARRETT-JACKSON PRESS RELEASE (January 23, 2017): BARRETT-JACKSON 46TH ANNUAL SCOTTSDALE AUCTION SETS 40 WORLD AUCTION SALES RECORDS, HOSTS ENTERTAINMENT MEGASTARS AND RAISES NEARLY $2.2 MILLION FOR CHARITY
Over 1700 cars cross the block over a weeks period of time with a 99% sell-through rate. Of course Barrett Jackson doesn’t allow any reserve vehicles unless they are valued over $500,000. The Corvette market saw huge fluctuations in pricing not previously seen on the open market.
Basically it was a typical crazy year in the desert of Arizona!
The granddaddy of all collector car auction remains – Grandpa!!
Leader of the Pack!